Health and Safety Policy
On the first day of class, it is required to provide a copy of your dog's current vaccination records, including bordetella to prevent the spread of kennel cough.
Please note failure to comply with the health and safety policy, will result for the owners and pet's to be asked to leave and to return with a copy of the pet's up-to-date vaccinations records. In addition, it will be counted as if you attended the class (please read our termination training agreement) and there is no refund after the scheduled training class has started.
Terms and Conditions
1. The training programs vary in length or number of sessions.
2. The fee for training programs is payable in advance. Make checks payable to Athens Dog Training. Athens Dog Training L.L.C. will charge a $25 service fee for any cancellations requiring a refund. After the class session begins, no refunds will be made.
3. Dogs must be of a appropriate age to take part in classes and Fully Vaccinated - We require evidence of Rabies, DHPP ( DHLPP if going on off leash walks) and Bordetella (kennel cough) vaccinations. Bordetella is often missing but can be added as late as 2 days before the stay. Puppies must have completed all rounds of vaccination. For older dogs who have had at least 3 booster shots we can accept a current TITER test from your vet that demonstrates they still have an adequate immune response. For all group classes all dogs over 10 months old should be neutered/spayed. No Exceptions may be made based upon the individual kid. Unaltered dogs can attract unwanted attention from other dogs. If you bring an unaltered dog to group training, you will be sent home without a refund. Portion of your group class fee can be transfer to in-home consult.
4. Participants must pre-register and pay the class fee to reserve a space in the program. Owners must submit the vaccination certification form (not original records) before or at the first class session.
5. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if limitations of the handler or dog impair the ability of the trainer to teach the methods employed in class. We will make reasonable accommodations to assure a successful class experience.
6. No extremely aggressive dogs are permitted in group class. An owner with knowledge of the dog's aggressive behavior or other serious behavior problem must speak with the trainer prior to enrollment to determine if the dog can attend the class or if other training arrangement should be made. If owner brings a aggressive dog to class without first having a in home consult Athens Dog Training L.L.C. is not required to refund class fee.
7. If, at any time, the trainer judges that a dog or handler is jeopardizing the safety of people or other dogs in the class, the trainer may request that the dog be removed from class.
8. Each dog enrolled in training programs should use the recommended equipment or a reasonable substitute approved by the instructor. Head collars and harnesses may be used at the trainer's discretion. No choke, prong or electronic collars will be allowed in the classroom. The handler must supply a six foot leash. The handler must always enter the classroom with the dog on leash and under control.
9. Dogs are not allowed contact with other dogs without the trainer's permission.
10. Dogs who in the trainer's opinion show symptoms of contagious diseases may not enter the classroom. Please call the training department should your dog become ill.
11. Minors (under 16 years of age) who wish to train a dog may do so only with the authorization of a parent or guardian and at the trainer's discretion. No minor may hold a dog's leash without adult supervision. This rule is for the safety of both dogs and children.
12. When enrolling in Athens Dog Training L.L.C. programs, the owner acknowledges that dog training can be hazardous and requires physical abilities. The enrollee agrees to hold Athens Dog Training L.L.C., its trainers, volunteers and agents free from any liability or claim for damages or suit for or by any reason of any injuries or any person or property, of any kind whatsoever, from any cause whatsoever arising out of participation in the dog training program.
13. Further, owner assumes all responsibility for loss, damage or injury to self, my dog, or property which may have been caused by negligence or any act of any person connected in any way with Athens Dog Training L.L.C. or Dog Time stay and Play.
We're social. Come find us online today.
or our Facebook page
Athens Dog Training L.L.C.